Sunday, October 9, 2011

RIP Steve Jobs

The news of the death of Steve Jobs rapidly spread across the Internet, but I did not expect such a huge tribute to the genius behind Apple.  Dribbble is a design blog I regularly visit where designers can post their most recent projects.  When I logged on to Dribbble the other day, the website was overrun with art honoring the late Steve Jobs.  This forum is an excellent place for computer users to upload art dedicated to a man who changed the way they design and share their work with the world.  These are just a few of the many pictures dedicated to Jobs found on the site.  Memes don't always have to be funny or ridiculous.  Sometimes they can be serious and pay homage to an important figure. 




1 comment:

  1. I was super shocked and upset when I heard about Steve passing away. I guess I'm a nerd like that. But yes, I've seen a lot of different fan art in homage to Mr. Jobs all over the Internet as well. I think it's really cool that most of the people who are making these tribute pieces are doing so because of the revolutionary work that Steve Jobs did with Apple. He was the one who had the vision of a personal computing device with a graphic interface. And here we are today, with millions of talented artists, Photoshop-ists, and designers putting their skills to remember the man that has largely made their artform possible.

    ReplyDelete